Monday, October 17, 2011

Run Like A Mother

Run Like a Mother is one of the funniest books I have read in quite a while. I purchased the book for my Kindle on a whim after reading about it somewhere. The books is a collection of information from a large group of mother runners and humorous advice from the two authors: Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea. Whether you are a newbie mother runner or a wily veteran, this book will leave you in stitches. I promise you will be able to relate to many of the scenarios discussed in the book, in hysterical detail. The book has become so popular among mother runners, that the authors are actually working on a sequel to the book "Train Like a Mother" which will be out in the spring of 2012. If you read/have read the book, I encourage you to listen to their podcasts as well. I download them for long runs and was laughing out loud during my last 13 miler. Hey, you need some laughter to get you through the miles!