Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Racing Recap

What a beautiful weekend for racing! This past Saturday, I ran the Free to Breathe 5k in Roger Williams Park. While the foliage is beautiful this time of year, the hills on the course were most certainly not. I had run a race in Roger Williams Park in May (slightly different than this course) and did not remember that there were so many hills. Maybe I just blocked it out? Fortunately, like most 5ks, it was over before I knew it! I finished in 22:28, which was not a PR, but I was first in my age division (30-39) and the 4th female overall. I was excited to win my first age group award, and a cool little prize will be arriving in the mail. Since this was the last 5k of the fall, my training will start shifting away from speed work and more towards building strength and mileage. I am looking at a half-marathon this spring, so bring on the miles! Happy running!